Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Since we've recently moved, one of my aims for this week was to get to the local Senior Center and see what they had to offer. I was nervous, more than nervous, to the point of stomach sickness wondering how the people would greet an outsider.

No need to have worried. I went today and met such nice people, eager to make me feel at home. The ladies that I sat with made conversation easy for me and explained what activities were available there. I sat in a on a hand of "Kings in the Corner" before the morning activity of ceramics started. While most of this time was spend concentrating on painting, there was still comments going around the table so that a person didn't feel alone. After a short time for a snack, we got to play bingo before it was time to go home. I'm looking forward to returning next Monday to see what sort of crafts are available to do as well as visit with these nice people.

I should have realized that people are people and that there was no need to get my self upset.

1 comment:

Maureen Hayes said...

I'm SO proud of you for going even though it was frightening to do it at first. I am happy you met some nice people and are having a chance to do something fun for a change!

Maureen