Thursday, March 12, 2009

So much more - a writing prompt

Is this all there is? Seems like there should be so much more!

I thought my school's fiftieth reunion would be wonderful. I expected more people, more greetings from former friends etc. I thought I'd be hearing from former classmates by phone, letter or e-mail wanting to know all the details and signing up fast and furious to attend.

A week went by and then two. Not one phone call, no letters dropping through my mail slot and certainly no deluge of e-mails arriving. What was wrong? Why was no one responding?

I never thought to check with my son to be sure he had actually mailed off the invitations.

The day before the reunion, he came to me with a sheepish grin on his face and told me he had just found the invitations in the trunk of his car.

The reunion of one should have been so much more.

1 comment:

Maureen Hayes said...

I LOVE this, it is short, but powerful. Keep writing, there is so much more in there. . .