Saturday, December 13, 2008

Catching up

Boy, have I been remiss in writing, both for myself and this blog. Sorry.We've been so busy it seems with doctor appointment's and tests and in between doing some fun things.

Let talk about the fun things.

Last Saturday we went down to the village of Floral Park for the tree lighting. A friend had invited us and we in turn invited our neighbor to go along.When we got there, we went on a sleigh ride, so okay it was a carriage ride with Santa aboard.Fun! It was just starting to turn dark(early evening) so we saw some nicely decorated houses on the ride. When we got off we were treated to hot chocolate and cookies.Yummy!Shortly after the tree lighting took place which was lovely.

Sunday, the same friend called and asked us if we wanted to go to Old Westbury Manor to see it decorated for Christmas and also attend a flute concert.This old mansion was magnificant. The workmanship that had been done years ago in decorating the ceilings, walls etc was superb.

While there we meet Santa(the real deal). He showed us around and told us stories about his elves that were quite entertaining.He has to be the real deal.He just knew so much.

Later we attended the Christmas flute concert downstairs.It was so good and I found it amazing that using only one instrument could create such fine music.

This week several evenings we have either walked or gone by car to see the homes around here decorated.This is always such fun to do.I'm looking forward to more of the same sort of entertainment between now and Christmas.

5 comments:

vshaw said...

I bet those Christmas lights look a lot better in NY than down south! At least here you have a little snow and a chilly temp to go with them. Wouldn't seem right otherwise, right? Take care! Vikiditness

Dottie said...

Thanks Vikki for your comment. Very true, Christmas seems more "real" up here in N.Y. where temperatures allow for snow.
Dottie

Maureen Hayes said...

I have enjoyed getting to share some of this with you. It has been a great way to get into the spirit of the season, which we missed last year.

Dottie said...

Thanks Maureen for the comments. Life is DEFINATELY better this year.

Melissa B. said...

Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! First of all, I'm not "spamming" you; I promise! Second of all, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Melissa B., The Scholastic Scribe, & I'm the "Original" Superior Scribbler! Third thing on my mind: I've been nominated for a pretty prestigious blog award; I'd greatly appreciate your vote, so if you click on over to my place, you'll see the info. It's an annual award from EduBlog, and I'm up for Best Individual Blog. And 4th thing on today's agenda: I've got a cute "contest," of sorts, going on at my place every Sunday. Please come by this Sunday for the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. And, thanks for your support!